Friday, June 12, 2009

Lafayette Patriots Combine

.....I was benching when my coach came up to me and said that we are starting our 3-day football combine tomorrow. I said ok and what will we be doing. He told me he's going to explain after weight training. I knew what the combine was so I demonstrated to everybody how it's going to be. I told the whole team that we are going to do a 40 yard dash, 20 yard shuttle, vertical jump, broad jump, bench press, powerclean, and squat. Some of the teamates still didnt know what these were.

Day 1: Our names were being randomly called so no one knew when they were going to be called. We were getting 2 chances in each drill. I think I was the 10th person to go so I got on the line and and I started when I was ready. I told myself that it's all in the first step. I raced down the runway and suprisedly clocked in at 4.67 seconds. I was so happy I started screaming and saying "WOOOOOOO, WOOOOO, WOOOOO." I had the fastest time on the team which made me the fastest on the team. The second fastest time was my wide reciever, Ronnie Scott, from LEADERS HS, who clocked in at 4.71 second. Ongoing to the 20 yard shuttle, Ronnie got back at me by running the fastest time in the 20 yard shuttle clocking in at 4.05 seconds. Coincidentially, I came in 2nd place clocking in at 4.12 seconds.

Day 2: We went to the weight room and started off with the bench press. I started out at 165 lbs because I maxed out 155 lbs the previous time. I ended at 185 lbs which made me feel good that I went up 3o lbs. I squatted 275 lbs and went up 50 lbs from the previous time. What I hated about day 2 was that Ronnie beat me in benching and squat by 10 lbs.

Day 3: Is held on Monday June 15, 2009.

Congradualations Jahleel & Ronnie!!!!

No comments: